This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
Today I’m sharing details on how you take the Disney Skyliner to EPCOT. Curious about this popular form of Disney transportation? Get my tips and see photos of my Skyliner trip to Epcot in Disney World Orlando.
What to know about traveling to Epcot in Walt Disney World
- You can get to Epcot a variety of ways, but by far the funniest is on the Disney Skyliner.
- The Skyliner is free transportation between several Disney resorts, Epcot & Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- The Skyliner will drop you off on the backside of the park near the France themed section.
- FIRST TIP - Usually there’s less of a line to enter the park using the Skyliner entrance vs the front entrance of Epcot.
Check out the full-length video
This is a Disney transportation trick we stumbled upon when staying offsite at Disney World at the Signia by Hilton Bonnet Creek resort.
My opinion of taking the Disney Skyliner to Epcot…
This is one of the best ways to travel around the Walt Disney World resort.
And I’m not just talking resorts to theme parks….
Taking the Skyliner between theme parks
You can use it to travel between individual theme parks at Disney World.
For instance, it is also helpful to take the Skyliner from Epcot to Hollywood Studios…
See more tips from Jenna Loves Magic on YouTube…
Can you take the Skyliner to Disney Parks like Magic Kingdom?
Great question -- actually NO, you can't take it to Magic Kingdom…
The Disney Skyliner will take you to Hollywood Studios and Epcot from various points.
Destinations NOT included on the Skyliner include: Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, and Disney Springs.
Get tips for attending the Epcot Food and Wine Festival...
The cost is free
The Skyliner is a free service that Disney offers to all guests and is open before the park opens and after they close.
See what to do on your first day at Disney World…
Taking the Skyliner from Epcot to Disney World resorts
If you’re staying at any of the below resorts, you’ll have either direct access on site…
Or you'll be within walking distance to a Disney Skyliner station.
Here are some resorts with Skyliner access:
- Disney’s Riviera Resort (one of my favorite Skyliner stations)
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort (which has Pixel Play Arcade)
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Traveling with kids on the Skyliner to Epcot
If you’re traveling with young ones, taking the Skyliner will give them an enjoyable aerial view on your way to Epcot.
Strollers on the Skyliner
We had no trouble taking a standard stroller on the Skyliner to Epcot theme park, and around the Disney properties.
If you have a double stroller, it needs to be the stacking kind (one kiddo behind the other).
A side by side stroller won’t be able to push-on to the Skyliner.
BIG TIP: Use the side entrance to Epcot
What’s great about taking the Skyliner to Epcot is where it drops you off.
You’ll be near the back of the park which usually has less of a line to enter.
Additionally, you will be dropped off near the Eat Around the World section of the park.
Particularly near the France Pavilion, so if you’re looking for a delicious breakfast upon your arrival, you will have plenty of options.
Within a few minutes of using this side Skyliner entrance to Epcot, you can grab a breakfast croissant at Les Halles Restaurant.
So, yea, taking the Skyliner is a no-brainer travel decision when going to Epcot.
Yes, the Skyliner does provide access to Epcot.
Both of these parks are connected via a Skyliner station, so if you plan on park hopping one day, you can easily do so via the Skyliner without a problem.
Tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Disney outfits for women
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
- best neck fan for Disney World
Get more Disney World travel tips...
- See the ULTIMATE GUIDE to Disney World resorts
- Get tips for booking Disney World tickets
- See this beginners guide to Disney World packages
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- Learn about taking a Skyliner ride during EPCOT fireworks time
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Top Disney World ride guides
Top Disney World restaurant guides
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Sanaa bread service
- Where to get breakfast in EPCOT
- Joffrey's Disney coffee
- Le Cellier
See top Disney World hotel tips and guides...
Disneyland travel tips...
- When Halloween starts at Disneyland
- Complete guide to Halloween at Disneyland
- 1 Day Disneyland Itinerary Example
Disney dining tips from Jenna Loves Magic
Remember: for any sit-down dinner or character meal, I recommend to definitely book 60 days out, or whenever your Disney dining dates open.
If you’re staying on site, you can book dining reservations earlier as a perk.
Don’t have reservations? Check regularly during your trip, on the app, or walk up to the restaurant early in the day and request a day-of reservation. Disney reservations are often dropped day-of since sometimes people “hoard them”.
I once was a walk-up and was told there would be a 90 minute wait for a table at Steakhouse 71.
Not a problem, since it’s an interesting hotel to walk around and they have an arcade.
Anyways, within 5 minutes my reservation was ready because someone canceled. So you never know.
Also see my other favorites on this list of the best places to eat at Disney World. (coming soon)
Enjoy your aerial view of Disney World as you skyline into Epcot
Hope that answers all your questions about taking the Disney Skyliner to Epcot.
Once you are there, why not attend a character meet and greet?
This park is one of the best places to meet Winnie the Pooh at Disney World.
See what it’s like to go on the Disney Skyliner at night…