This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
Your Disney World foodie list is NOT complete without this menu item from Sanaa restaurant at Animal Kingdom Lodge! I’m dedicating an entire post to the popular Sanaa bread service – a delicious way to start your Indian / African-inspired meal. Plenty of photos and video to follow!
Get tips for taking the shuttle between Kidani Village and Jambo House...
Come for the bread service and stay for the animals outside your dining window!
Check out the Sanaa bread service video
See more tips from Jenna Loves Magic on YouTube…
What is Disney bread service?
Walt Disney World bread service is a “thing” to experience during your trip, especially if you’re a Disney foodie.
See where to view animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge for free...
Is it free?
There are other Disney bread services to try that are free, but the one at Sanaa is not – order it off the appetizer menu.
Other popular bread service restaurants include Tusker House at Animal Kingdom Park…
And a smaller complimentary bread offering Topolinos Terrace, an upscale dining restaurant in the Riviera Resort.
Psst… one free bread course at Disney can be found at Topolino’s dinner…
What is Sanaa bread service like?
Sanaa at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge is a popular restaurant serving African-inspired dishes.
One of its most unique dishes is the bread service, which features five different kinds of bread with an array of sides…
From chutneys and dips to spreads and more…
The bread service is a great way to sample different flavors and textures in one meal, and allows for a variety of combinations.
Breads in Sanaa’s bread service
I’ve enjoyed this as a starter for both lunch and dinner at Sanaa.
Here’s what’s included for breads…
- Traditional Naan
- Garlic-Ginger Naan
- Spiced Naan
- Onion Kulcha
- Paneer Paratha
Accompaniments, dips, sauces in the bread service at Sanaa
- Cucumber Raita
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Mango Chutney
- Tomato-Date Jam
- Tamarind Chutney
- Coriander Chutney
- Garlic Pickle
- Red Chile Sambal
- Spicy Jalapeño-Lime Pickle
Is Sanaa’s bread service spicy?
Sanaa serves the dips for bread service from mild to hot, so it’s easy for kids or people who don’t love very spicy foods to enjoy as well.
Why I love the bread service at Sanaa
The bread service at Sanaa is a unique and flavorful experience.
Being a foodie, I love flavor and customization.
You can mix and match the naan and roti bread with an array of tasty sides to make seemingly endless combinations.
Plus, if you try any of the potjie-inspired Indian lunch dishes like the butter chicken, you’ll be happy to have naan to wipe the tasty sauces off your plate and into your mouth!
More to love at Animal Kingdom lodge…
After you dine here, head to the playground and arcades on site — even if you’re not staying at this Disney World resort!
More tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Disney outfits for women
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
- best neck fan for Disney World
Get more Disney World travel tips...
- See the ULTIMATE GUIDE to Disney World resorts
- Get tips for booking Disney World tickets
- See this beginners guide to Disney World packages
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- Learn about taking a Skyliner ride during EPCOT fireworks time
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Get Disneyland travel tips...
Top Disney World ride guides
Top Disney World restaurant guides
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Sanaa bread service
- Where to get breakfast in EPCOT
- Joffrey's Disney coffee
- Le Cellier
See top Disney World hotel tips and guides...
More Animal Kingdom Lodge Travel Tips
- How to see free animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Tour the Animal Kingdom Lodge pool
- Browse Jambo House Restaurants at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- See why we love Animal Kingdom Lodge Playground
- Learn to take the shuttle between Kidani Village and Jambo House
- Visit Safari So Good Arcade
- Visit Pumbaa's Fun and Games Arcade
- See the Sanaa lunch menu
- Find out why the Sanaa bread service is so popular
- See more free things to do at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Get details on the best Animal Kingdom Lodge amenities
Enjoy getting bread service when you eat at Sanaa!
Hope that answers all your questions about enjoying the bread service appetizer at Sanaa.
Well I have so much more for you to explore when it comes to the yummy Indian and African-inspired dishes at Sanaa.
In the future I plan to share more bread service options at Disney World soon (one is very similar to Sanaa!).
Next, see my favorite Sanaa lunch menu items and Sanaa dinner review coming soon to Jenna Loves Magic.
Next, get the scoop on how to take the Skyliner from Hollywood Studios to Epcot…