This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
Curious about what to do in the EPCOT Norway Pavilion? Today I’m sharing exactly What is in Epcot Norway! With this article, you’ll be able to visit this World Showcase attraction to eat delicious Norwegian food and drinks, see your favorite Frozen characters, learn history, and enjoy a ride.
Check out Norway in Epcot’s World Showcase…
See more tips from Jenna Loves Magic on YouTube…
Quick look: top things to do in Norway at EPCOT
- Go on the Frozen ride - you'll want to reserve a lightning lane.
- Visit the Stave Church Gallery to see Norwegian artifacts.
- Meet Anna and Elsa at Royal Sommerhus.
- Book Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall.
- Try Norwegian food and drinks… Kringla sweet pretzels, sweet lefse, school bread, viking coffee (cocktail), Norwegian beer
Where is the Norway Pavilion?
The Norway Pavilion at Epcot is a theme park pavilion located within the World Showcase section of Epcot in Walt Disney World Resort, Florida.
You’ll find Norway right next to the Mexico Pavilion.
The Norway Pavilion opened in 1988 and was designed to showcase the country of Norway and its culture, food, and attractions.
Frozen the movie didn’t exist at the time of Norway’s opening, but it’s since become a must-visit attraction in this pavilion.
You may remember the previous boat ride in Norway that was themed around vikings.
More on that in a bit…
What to eat in Norway EPCOT Pavilion?
What better way to experience Norwegian history and culture than through enjoying some of the popular Norway Disney food items and dining experiences?
Princess Storybook Dining at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Want to eat with Disney Princesses in Norway?
Book reservations in advance for this family-style EPCOT Norway dining experience.
It’s open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Food to try here:
- Traditional “KjØttkaker'' - aka Norwegian meatballs.
- Kylling og Melboller - a Norwegian version of chicken and dumplings.
- Nordic Berry Compote.
- Salad with Lingonberry Vinaigrette.
- Lefse (Norwegian pancakes) with Cardamom-Cinnamon Butter
- Norwegian-inspired Desserts
Must-try Disney food in Norway EPCOT at Kringla Bakeri og Cafe
Kringla Bakery is a quick-service restaurant in the Norway Pavilion. It has a handful of very popular Disney World snacks and Norwegian treats.
- Kringla sweet pretzels.
- Sweet lefse flatbread and waffles.
- School bread - a sweet roll filled with vanilla custard and topped with toasted coconut flakes.
Beer and drinks in the Norway Pavilion
- Viking coffee at Kringla Bakeri Og Café - Bailey's Irish Crème, Kamora Coffee Liquor and coffee served hot or cold.
- Stop by the Norway Beer Stand to try Einstok beer - made with Icelandic glacier water.
Find out why the Sanaa bread service is so popular…
Meet Anna and Elsa at Royal Sommerhus
Want to meet your favorite Frozen characters?
The Norway pavilion has opportunities for photos with them!
Check the Disney App for details on this meet and greet.
Stave Church Gallery attraction
In the EPCOT Norway Pavilion you can check out Norwegian artifacts and a replica of the Stave Church from Bergen, Norway.
What happened to the Norway ride at Epcot?
If you remember the viking ride, you’ll be happy to know it’s still kind-of there. Today, this is the Frozen ride location in Norway.
Much of the ride is similar – you go backwards down the small drop at the end – but all your favorite Frozen movie characters are there!
The Frozen ride can get busy - you'll want to reserve a lightning lane in most cases.
Here’s a look at the inside of the ride where the line is about to get on the boat…
I will add a video of the Frozen Ride in the future!
What’s missing from the Norway attraction?
Past visitors may remember a historical attraction - The Viking Ship Replica - which was removed in the 2000’s.
It provided guests a chance to experience what it was like to live and sail on an authentic Viking ship. But it has since been removed, possibly due to safety concerns.
How long to walk from the land to Norway EPCOT
Trying to make a lightning lane reservation for the Frozen Ever After ride?
It’s about a 10 minute walk from the AC filled building of The Land to Norway in EPCOT.
Tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Disney outfits for women
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
- best neck fan for Disney World
Get more Disney World travel tips...
- See the ULTIMATE GUIDE to Disney World resorts
- Get tips for booking Disney World tickets
- See this beginners guide to Disney World packages
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- Learn about taking a Skyliner ride during EPCOT fireworks time
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Top Disney World ride guides
Top Disney World restaurant guides
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Sanaa bread service
- Where to get breakfast in EPCOT
- Joffrey's Disney coffee
- Le Cellier
See top Disney World hotel tips and guides...
Disneyland travel tips...
- When Halloween starts at Disneyland
- Complete guide to Halloween at Disneyland
- 1 Day Disneyland Itinerary Example
Enjoy visiting EPCOT Norway
Hope that answers all your questions about what to see and do in EPCOT’s Norway Pavilion.
Ready to book your Disney World trip? Reach out through our contact form for assistance.