This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
So you want to beat the heat while visiting Disney World? I’ve been to Walt Disney World in the hottest months including sweaty July summer visits… And today I have must-plan-for cooling essentials along with tips so you can learn how to stay cool at Disney World.
Best tips for staying cool at Disney World in the summer
It looks all futuristic, like I belong in a Space 220 restaurant – if you know, you know!
Here are ways to keep cool during a Disney Trip…
- Use sunscreen and apply often. I like spf 50.
- Check out this neck fan.
- Wear hats. Your ears can fit on top of a baseball hat!
- Wear light, breezy clothing.
- Bring cooling towels with ice crushed up inside them. Carry them in a cooler.
- Stay hydrated.
- Take breaks.
- Find AC filled buildings to stay out of the sun during the midday and afternoons when it is hottest (I love hanging out during hot summer days at Disney World at The Land Pavilion, getting a bite to eat there, and going on Soarin’).
- Take a resort break and go swimming (check out the Animal Kingdom Lodge pool).
- Arrive early or visit around dinner time and after.
- Get a dining reservation during the hottest hours.
- Enjoy the rain! (well, if it’s not a hurricane or lightning obviously!)
Check out how we cool down in EPCOT in this video
As mentioned, you can spend hours in this building - The Land Pavilion - in EPCOT park while enjoying AC, going on rides and grabbing a bite to eat.
For food in The Land Pavilion, you’ll need to reserve character dining at Garden Grill in advance.
Or head to quick service Sunshine Seasons anytime.
See more tips from Jenna Loves Magic on YouTube…
Tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Disney outfits for women
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
- best neck fan for Disney World
Get more Disney World travel tips...
- See the ULTIMATE GUIDE to Disney World resorts
- Get tips for booking Disney World tickets
- See this beginners guide to Disney World packages
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- Learn about taking a Skyliner ride during EPCOT fireworks time
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Top Disney World ride guides
Top Disney World restaurant guides
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Sanaa bread service
- Where to get breakfast in EPCOT
- Joffrey's Disney coffee
- Le Cellier
See top Disney World hotel tips and guides...
Disneyland travel tips...
- When Halloween starts at Disneyland
- Complete guide to Halloween at Disneyland
- 1 Day Disneyland Itinerary Example
Stay comfortable in the hot weather at Disney World!
Hope that answers all your questions about surviving Disney in the summer.
Ready to book your Disney World trip? Reach out through our contact form for assistance.