This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
Want to see animals at Disney World at your leisure? Whether you’re staying at this Disney Resort, or visiting on a rest day, you can view animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge for free. Let me teach you how…
What type of animals are at Animal Kingdom Lodge?
The resort is home to over 200 hoofed animals, including zebras, gazelles, and antelopes…
They roam freely throughout the savannahs that surround the lodge, creating an immersive experience for all guests.
Check out the animals to see at Animal Kingdom Lodge video
How to see animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge
1. Stay in a room with a view at AKL
Imagine staying at a resort where you can wake up to the sight of giraffes strolling just outside your window.
In some rooms at Animal Kingdom Lodge, this is a daily occurrence.
2. Visit Animal Kingdom Lodge
You can stop by, even if you’re not staying at the resort, and stoll around both the Jambo House and Kidani Village buildings to see wildlife around the properties.
Above is a look at the Flamingo wildlife overlook at Jambo House.
It’s right near other activities including the:
3. Eat at a restaurant where you can see animals outside
Pictured above, visiting Sanaa for lunch is a great idea, because when it’s light out, you can catch beautiful views of animals outside your dining table window.
Don’t miss the Sanaa bread service…
How can you experience all the animals AKL has to offer?
One of the many highlights of staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge is the chance to embark on a safari adventure.
This resort has knowledgeable guides onsite that can take guests on an unforgettable journey through the African wilderness.
It’s perfect for your Disney rest day.
As you traverse the rugged terrain, you'll have the opportunity to spot a variety of wildlife, including elephants, lions, cheetahs, and hippos.
It's like stepping into the savannah of Africa!
Animal Kingdom Lodge is also home to a wide collection of birds.
From vibrant flamingos at Jambo House to colorful macaws to majestic African crowned cranes, our feathered friends add an extra touch of enchantment to the resort's atmosphere.
Take a leisurely stroll through the lush gardens or around the pool and you're bound to encounter these beautiful creatures as they go about their daily routines.
It’s truly magical.
Kids and adults can participate in interactive experiences, such as animal tracking and storytelling sessions.
These provide a deeper appreciation for the wonders of the animal world.
See more tips from Jenna Loves Magic on YouTube…
Tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Disney outfits for women
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
- best neck fan for Disney World
Get more Disney World travel tips...
- See the ULTIMATE GUIDE to Disney World resorts
- Get tips for booking Disney World tickets
- See this beginners guide to Disney World packages
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- Learn about taking a Skyliner ride during EPCOT fireworks time
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Top Disney World ride guides
Top Disney World restaurant guides
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Sanaa bread service
- Where to get breakfast in EPCOT
- Joffrey's Disney coffee
- Le Cellier
See top Disney World hotel tips and guides...
Disneyland travel tips...
- When Halloween starts at Disneyland
- Complete guide to Halloween at Disneyland
- 1 Day Disneyland Itinerary Example
More Animal Kingdom Lodge Travel Tips
- How to see free animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Tour the Animal Kingdom Lodge pool
- Browse Jambo House Restaurants at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- See why we love Animal Kingdom Lodge Playground
- Learn to take the shuttle between Kidani Village and Jambo House
- Visit Safari So Good Arcade
- Visit Pumbaa's Fun and Games Arcade
- See the Sanaa lunch menu
- Find out why the Sanaa bread service is so popular
- See more free things to do at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Get details on the best Animal Kingdom Lodge amenities
Pack your bags for Animal Kingdom Lodge…
Whether you're an animal enthusiast, a nature lover, or simply someone looking for a unique vacation experience, Animal Kingdom Lodge is a resort that promises to delight and inspire.
With its stunning wildlife, onsite activities, and warm hospitality, this resort is a true paradise for both humans and animals.
So pack your bags and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime at Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Hope that answers all your questions about the Animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Ready to book your Disney World trip? Reach out through our contact form for assistance.