This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
There is not just one, but two popular Animal Kingdom Lodge pools to check out. Visiting them is like stepping into an African oasis right in the heart of Walt Disney World. Today, I’ll show you what’s to love about these AKL pools, and share photos and video specifically for the UZIMA Pool in the Jambo House area. Let’s go!
Where are the pools at Animal Kingdom Lodge?
In case you didn’t know, Animal Kingdom Lodge has two distinct areas where you can stay.
One is Jambo House and the other is Kidani Village.
TIP: take a free shuttle between Kidani Village and Jambo House...
At Kidani Village, you’ll find Samawati Springs Pool.
While at Jambo House, you’ll be swimming in Uzima Pool.
Both pools feature a stunning African theme and quick-service pool bars nearby when you’re looking to quench your thirst.
Check out the Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Pool video
See more tips from Jenna Loves Magic on YouTube…
What’s nearby for kids?
Other Animal Kingdom Lodge amenities at Jambo House, that are specifically good for kids, include:
- Jambo House Restaurants
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Playground
- Pumbaa's Fun and Games Arcade
- Wildlife including the flamingos in the Northern area of this Disney resort.
Features of these pools…
As soon as you arrive at the pool, you're greeted by the captivating sight of a massive rock formation, complete with cascading waterfalls.
And both pools feature an awesome waterslide.
The slide ends with a splash into a separate pool, adding an extra element of fun.
It winds its way around the massive rock formation, providing an exhilarating ride for anyone.
The attention to detail is truly remarkable, with lush vegetation, thatched roofs, and rustic wooden bridges adding to the authentic African ambiance.
And plus, there’s a savannah just off in the distance too.
Size of the Uzima Pool
The pool stretches over 11,000 square feet with a zero-entry feature, mimicking the gradual slope of a natural watering hole.
This is perfect for families with little ones who can splash around in the shallow end.
For older children and adults the pool gradually deepens, allowing for a more immersive swimming experience.
In case you are not in the mood to swim after a long park day, you can retreat to one of the numerous shaded areas surrounding the pools.
These cozy alcoves provide space to read a book or simply take a break from the day.
Drinks & food at the pool…
Both pools feature a poolside bar for drinks and quick-service bites to eat.
The Uzima Springs Pool Bar & Maji Pool Bar are the places to be.
You can unwind with refreshing cocktails or indulge in delicious snacks while lounging in one of the cozy poolside chairs.
These bars offer a variety of tropical drinks, including signature cocktails inspired by African flavors.
It's the perfect spot to enjoy the laid-back atmosphere.
Tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Disney outfits for women
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
- best neck fan for Disney World
Get more Disney World travel tips...
- See the ULTIMATE GUIDE to Disney World resorts
- Get tips for booking Disney World tickets
- See this beginners guide to Disney World packages
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- Learn about taking a Skyliner ride during EPCOT fireworks time
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Top Disney World ride guides
Top Disney World restaurant guides
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Sanaa bread service
- Where to get breakfast in EPCOT
- Joffrey's Disney coffee
- Le Cellier
See top Disney World hotel tips and guides...
Disneyland travel tips...
- When Halloween starts at Disneyland
- Complete guide to Halloween at Disneyland
- 1 Day Disneyland Itinerary Example
More Animal Kingdom Lodge Travel Tips
- How to see free animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Tour the Animal Kingdom Lodge pool
- Browse Jambo House Restaurants at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- See why we love Animal Kingdom Lodge Playground
- Learn to take the shuttle between Kidani Village and Jambo House
- Visit Safari So Good Arcade
- Visit Pumbaa's Fun and Games Arcade
- See the Sanaa lunch menu
- Find out why the Sanaa bread service is so popular
- See more free things to do at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Get details on the best Animal Kingdom Lodge amenities
Who’s ready to hit the pool?
In summary, the Animal Kingdom Lodge Pool is a hidden resort gem.
With its stunning African theme, very large size, exciting waterslide, and relaxing amenities, it offers something for everyone.
This pool provides the perfect escape from the excitement of the theme parks.
So…grab your swimsuit and get ready to dive into a truly unforgettable experience at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Pool.
Hope that answers all your questions about the Animal Kingdom Lodge Pool at Disney World.
Ready to book your Disney World trip? Reach out through our contact form for assistance.