This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
Wondering if you can return to EPCOT after leaving? Yes, you can leave Epcot and come back... here's what we did during our afternoon break from Epcot to watch football, eat lunch, and let our kiddo rest with a nap during a recent Disney World Vacation.
Can you leave Epcot and come back?
Yes, I have never run into an issue using park hopper tickets to go to Epcot in the afternoon…
And I’ve never had trouble getting back into EPCOT after leaving the park earlier in the day.
Don’t miss details and tips for catching the Epcot fireworks…
Tips for returning to Epcot after a break in the day….
- Make sure everyone is well rested and hydrated.
- Charge your phone.
- Don’t forget to bring rain gear to the park in the afternoon, even if it was nice that morning!
- Decide if you want to enter Epcot in the main entrance or side entrance by the Disney Skyliner (I recommend this if you want to eat at the yummy Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie).
Our afternoon break during a day at Epcot…
We didn’t know how tired and hot we would be at EPCOT on our first day during this trip…
So we planned to head back to the hotel for a nap and a little football watching.
See what we did and the fun ride we took to lunch…
See what to do during the morning in Epcot…
Here’s all we did during the afternoon break after taking the Disney bus shuttle back to Signia by Hilton Bonnet Creek.
First, we took a Go Cart trip from the Hilton Bonnet Creek to sister property, Waldorf Astoria Orlando.
Then we ate from the lunch menu at the Peacock Alley Waldorf Astoria.
And lastly, there was some quiet time back at the hotel for the kiddo to nap and my husband to watch football!
Get tips for attending the Epcot Food and Wine Festival…
Tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Disney outfits for women
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
- best neck fan for Disney World
Get more Disney World travel tips...
- See the ULTIMATE GUIDE to Disney World resorts
- Get tips for booking Disney World tickets
- See this beginners guide to Disney World packages
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- Learn about taking a Skyliner ride during EPCOT fireworks time
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Top Disney World ride guides
Top Disney World restaurant guides
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Sanaa bread service
- Where to get breakfast in EPCOT
- Joffrey's Disney coffee
- Le Cellier
See top Disney World hotel tips and guides...
Disneyland travel tips...
- When Halloween starts at Disneyland
- Complete guide to Halloween at Disneyland
- 1 Day Disneyland Itinerary Example
Disney dining tips from Jenna Loves Magic
Remember: for any sit-down dinner or character meal, I recommend to definitely book 60 days out, or whenever your Disney dining dates open.
If you’re staying on site, you can book dining reservations earlier as a perk.
Don’t have reservations? Check regularly during your trip, on the app, or walk up to the restaurant early in the day and request a day-of reservation. Disney reservations are often dropped day-of since sometimes people “hoard them”.
I once was a walk-up and was told there would be a 90 minute wait for a table at Steakhouse 71.
Not a problem, since it’s an interesting hotel to walk around and they have an arcade.
Anyways, within 5 minutes my reservation was ready because someone canceled. So you never know.
Also see my other favorites on this list of the best places to eat at Disney World. (coming soon)
Have what you need for planning a park break?
Hope that answers all your questions about returning to EPCOT after taking a break to rest or whatnot.
See more tips for planning a day in Epcot…