This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
Today I’m sharing details on the Soarin Around the World ride at Epcot. Curious about this popular Epcot center ride? Get height requirements and my riding tips and find out what to do around this ride at Walt Disney World Orlando.
See what to do on your first day at Disney World...
What to know before you go to the Soarin Ride in Epcot
- Find out who should ride this Disney ride.
- Learn more about what’s so great about this type of ride at Walt Disney World.
- Learn where to find this ride in Epcot park.
- PRO TIP - It’s highly recommended that you use the Genie+ app to book a lighting lane pass for this ride.
Who should ride Soarin’ Around the World
While I wish this ride was entirely family friendly. It is not…😞
But not because it is scary, or very dark, or has huge drops…
This ride does have a height requirement. You must be at least 40 inches to ride this ride.
If you are traveling with little ones, definitely check their height prior to arriving.
See more tips from Jenna Loves Magic on YouTube…
Where is Soarin in Epcot?
This virtual hang gliding ride is located in The Land Pavilion at Epcot.
The Land Pavilion also houses other attractions like Living with the Land and Harvest Theater (Awesome Planet).
With the Land Pavilion, you can find a couple of restaurants that are both sit down and quick service.
Where is Soarin’ Around the World located at Disney World?
You’ll find Soarin’ in the Land Pavilion.
Find it just north of the Journey Into Imagination with Figment ride.
Other things near Soarin’ include two restaurants. Sunshine Seasons and the Garden Grill Restaurant.
Getting to Soarin’ Around the World
You can get to this ride two ways…
1). Through the main entrance, you will walk past Spaceship Earth and The Seas with Nemo and Friends and just past that, you’ll find the Land Pavilion entrance.
2). You can take the Disney Skyliner to Epcot and enter near the France Pavilion.
After that, you’ll continue past the United Kingdom Pavilion and Canada Pavilion’s.
Then make a left past the Imagination Pavilion then the Land Pavilion is on the left.
The Land Pavilion is practically right in the middle, so either entrance will work.
Get tips for attending the Epcot Food and Wine Festival...
What’s so great about this type of ride at Walt Disney World…
- You actually feel like you’re hang gliding around the world. You’ll be soarin over fragrant orange groves in California to see the Golden Gate Bridge, visit the Great Wall of China, and other popular travel destinations.
- You’ll have great visuals during this ride. For example, you’ll glide right by some people hot air ballooning.
You can expect this ride to last 5 - 10 minutes end to end.
It depends if you are afraid of heights. If you don’t mind feeling high above the sky, then this ride won’t be a problem. If you have a fear of heights, then you should consider whether or not you want to ride this ride because the whole idea is that you’ll feel like you’re gliding in the air.
Patrick Warburton will be guiding you along your hang glider journey during this attraction.
Yes, there are. One is located in Disneyland California, which is the original soarin ride. The ride was so popular that they decided to recreate this attraction in Walt Disney World. The ride in Epcot opened on June 17 2016.
This is a ride I wish was a bit more family friendly -- it's Soarin’ Around the World Ride at Epcot... and while it's a very mild ride for most people, the issue for younger families is that it's a 40" and taller ride.
Tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Disney outfits for women
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
- best neck fan for Disney World
Get more Disney World travel tips...
- See the ULTIMATE GUIDE to Disney World resorts
- Get tips for booking Disney World tickets
- See this beginners guide to Disney World packages
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- Learn about taking a Skyliner ride during EPCOT fireworks time
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Top Disney World ride guides
Top Disney World restaurant guides
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Sanaa bread service
- Where to get breakfast in EPCOT
- Joffrey's Disney coffee
- Le Cellier
See top Disney World hotel tips and guides...
Disneyland travel tips...
- When Halloween starts at Disneyland
- Complete guide to Halloween at Disneyland
- 1 Day Disneyland Itinerary Example
Disney dining tips from Jenna Loves Magic
Remember: for any sit-down dinner or character meal, I recommend to definitely book 60 days out, or whenever your Disney dining dates open.
If you’re staying on site, you can book dining reservations earlier as a perk.
Don’t have reservations? Check regularly during your trip, on the app, or walk up to the restaurant early in the day and request a day-of reservation. Disney reservations are often dropped day-of since sometimes people “hoard them”.
I once was a walk-up and was told there would be a 90 minute wait for a table at Steakhouse 71.
Not a problem, since it’s an interesting hotel to walk around and they have an arcade.
Anyways, within 5 minutes my reservation was ready because someone canceled. So you never know.
Also see my other favorites on this list of the best places to eat at Disney World. (coming soon)
Enjoy your ride above the skies on Soarin’
Hope that answers all your questions about Soarin’ Around the World Ride at Epcot.
See what it’s like to go on the Disney Skyliner at night…