This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
Wondering whether or not the Disney Skyliner runs after dark? Learn about taking above-water transportation on the Disney Skyliner at night including tips for seeing fireworks and whether or not you can eat on the Skyliner.
What to know before you go on the Disney Skyliner
- The skyliner is an aerial gondola that can take passengers between four Disney resorts and two theme parks.
- You can bring all of your park equipment and food onboard. Enjoy a snack on wooden benches while you take in the sights.
- They operate from 7:30am - 11pm. Plenty of time before the park opens or closes.
- It’s a smooth ride. Even for those that have motion sickness, the ride might be smoother than you think!
- Get my personal opinion on what’s to love about seeing Firework Shows on the Skyliner after dark.
Check out the full-length video
Ride Disney's Skyliner Transportation with us from the Disney Riviera Resort to Art of Animation, over Hourglass Lake at night…
Here we're traveling after eating dinner at Topolino's Terrace, and catching the Skyliner at night.
It wasn’t busy at all during this time about 6pm on a September Disney Trip.
My opinion of riding the Disney Skyliner (at night)
If you’re like me and have a little toddler that needs some entertainment after dinner, an aerial trip on the Skyliner is a good way to go.
All the nearby parks and resorts are lit up so your view will be fantastic.
If you’re lucky and time it just right, you’ll be able to see the Epcot fireworks. That’s a memorable site for sure.
Heading to Epcot? Don't miss these Figment ride tips...
At the end of the day, I can’t recommend taking the Skyliner enough, if you have access to it, as my Disney World transportation method.
It’s by far the most easy, time efficient, and awe-inspiring ways around the parks and resorts.
It definitely beats the bus system if I have an option.
What Disney resorts does the skyliner go to?
The skyliner will connect you to the following resorts…
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Art of Animation
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
The Skyliner connects to these parks…
Riding the skyliner is a great way to get between Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot parks.
Love Disney foodie spots? Learn about the new Roundup Rodeo BBQ at Hollywood Studios…
The skyliner offers direct drop-off / pick-up points at those locations.
Tip for Skyliner to Epcot and Magic Kingdom
I love the Epcot Skyliner location by the entrance to the France pavilion.
I’m not talking about the main entrance to Epcot, I’m talking about this side entrance near the Ratatouille ride.
It’s so convenient if you have restaurant plans in that area of “the world”.
If you want to get to Magic Kingdom, you could easily take the skyliner to Epcot then hop on the monorail from there.
Get tips on taking the Disney Skyliner to Epcot...
Where is the Skyliner hub located at Disney World?
You’ll find that the skyliner has a central hub at the Caribbean Beach Station.
It’s the Skyliner Central Hub.
From there, you can hop onto any skyliner to your desired destination.
Those destinations include Pop Century / Art of Animation Resorts, Riviera Resort (can get you to Epcot International Gateway), and Hollywood Studios.
If all else fails and you cannot find a skyliner station, just ask a cast member for assistance.
Yes, this is a free offering to all guests. You don’t have to be staying at one of the Disney resorts either.
Most definitely! Riding the skyliner is a fantastic to-do activity when you don’t have a park day or if you just arrived at Disney World, but your first park day is the next day. It’s a great kid activity if you're looking for something to do for free your first day at Disney World.
Yes it is. If you’re visiting during those dog days of summer, riding the skyliner will give you a much needed cooling on your way back to your hotel.
Yes, you can bring your food and beverages onboard to snack on during your aerial journey.
Tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Disney outfits for women
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
- best neck fan for Disney World
Get more Disney World travel tips...
- See the ULTIMATE GUIDE to Disney World resorts
- Get tips for booking Disney World tickets
- See this beginners guide to Disney World packages
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- Learn about taking a Skyliner ride during EPCOT fireworks time
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Top Disney World ride guides
Top Disney World restaurant guides
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Sanaa bread service
- Where to get breakfast in EPCOT
- Joffrey's Disney coffee
- Le Cellier
See top Disney World hotel tips and guides...
Disneyland travel tips...
- When Halloween starts at Disneyland
- Complete guide to Halloween at Disneyland
- 1 Day Disneyland Itinerary Example
Disney dining tips from Jenna Loves Magic
Remember: for any sit-down dinner or character meal, I recommend to definitely book 60 days out, or whenever your Disney dining dates open.
If you’re staying on site, you can book dining reservations earlier as a perk.
Don’t have reservations? Check regularly during your trip, on the app, or walk up to the restaurant early in the day and request a day-of reservation. Disney reservations are often dropped day-of since sometimes people “hoard them”.
I once was a walk-up and was told there would be a 90 minute wait for a table at Steakhouse 71.
Not a problem, since it’s an interesting hotel to walk around and they have an arcade.
Anyways, within 5 minutes my reservation was ready because someone canceled. So you never know.
Also see my other favorites on this list of the best places to eat at Disney World. (coming soon)
Enjoy your skyliner ride!
Hope that answers all your questions about riding the Disney Skyliner…even at night.
It’s a magical journey that you’ll never forget.
See more on Disney Vacations on Youtube at Jenna Loves Magic.