This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
The Animal Kingdom Lodge playground, Hakuna Matata Playground, is a fun place under shady trees in the Jambo House area of this Disney resort. It’s near the Jambo House pool and there’s so much to love for kids, and places to relax for adults. Plus, it’s steps away from flamingos and more African wildlife. Let’s check it out…
Where is Hakuna Matata Playground located?
You will find this playground at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but more specifically at Jambo House.
It’s right near the Savanna and the Uzima Springs Pool.
Check out these Jambo House restaurants…
So while your kiddo is playing on the playground, you can walk down and grab a drink at the Uzima Springs Pool Bar.
Assuming they are supervised, obviously!
It's the perfect combination of water fun and adventure!
Check out the Hakuna Matata Playground at AKL video
The Sanaa bread service is incredible!
What is the playground like…
This playground is not your ordinary slide-and-swing kind of deal.
It's a whole different level of excitement thanks to the atmosphere and multiple play structures.
Towering trees, lush greenery, and the sounds of exotic animals in the distance. It’s pretty relaxing…
See where to view animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge for free...
It's like playing in a mini jungle!
The playground is designed to resemble an African savannah, with animal-themed structures and interactive elements that will keep your children entertained for hours.
They can climb on a giant tree, hit the slides or swing from many bars.
One of the coolest features of this playground is the animal observation area. From there, you’ll catch glimpses of real animals roaming around in their habitats.
Definitely very cool for everyone playing.
I’ve had no issue with a young kiddo and safety at this Disney playground.
If you have questions, just as a cast member as they’re always walking around the pool and playground area.
See more tips from Jenna Loves Magic on YouTube…
Tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Disney outfits for women
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
- best neck fan for Disney World
Get more Disney World travel tips...
- See the ULTIMATE GUIDE to Disney World resorts
- Get tips for booking Disney World tickets
- See this beginners guide to Disney World packages
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- Learn about taking a Skyliner ride during EPCOT fireworks time
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Top Disney World ride guides
Top Disney World restaurant guides
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Sanaa bread service
- Where to get breakfast in EPCOT
- Joffrey's Disney coffee
- Le Cellier
See top Disney World hotel tips and guides...
Disneyland travel tips...
- When Halloween starts at Disneyland
- Complete guide to Halloween at Disneyland
- 1 Day Disneyland Itinerary Example
More Animal Kingdom Lodge Travel Tips
- How to see free animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Tour the Animal Kingdom Lodge pool
- Browse Jambo House Restaurants at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- See why we love Animal Kingdom Lodge Playground
- Learn to take the shuttle between Kidani Village and Jambo House
- Visit Safari So Good Arcade
- Visit Pumbaa's Fun and Games Arcade
- See the Sanaa lunch menu
- Find out why the Sanaa bread service is so popular
- See more free things to do at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Get details on the best Animal Kingdom Lodge amenities
Are you ready to play?
Whether you're staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge or just visiting the resort like me, the playground is a must-visit for families with young kids.
If you're ready for an exciting adventure, head over to the Animal Kingdom Lodge Playground and get ready to swing, slide, and explore in the midst of African wildlife.
It's a one-of-a-kind playground for sure and after you can head to one of the arcades on site…
Hope that answers all your questions about the Animal Kingdom Lodge Playground.
Ready to book your Disney World trip? Reach out through our contact form for assistance.