This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
Today I'm sharing a dining review of Sanaa Restaurant for LUNCH -- it's one of the popular restaurants for foodies at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. You'll find this African and Indian-inspired restaurant in the Kidani Village section of this Disney World Orlando resort.
Check out what to get from the dinner menu at the Sanaa Disney restaurant…
Check out the Sanaa lunch menu video
See more tips from Jenna Loves Magic on YouTube…
How is Sanaa for lunch?
For us, a rest day (or day of arrival without theme-park tickets) at Disney World isn't complete without checking out Sanaa Restaurant at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
See where to view animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge for free...
Lunchtime is my favorite at Sanaa Restaurant, as it offers lots of delicious entrees… plus it offers prime opportunities to witness some of the stunning animals from the outside zoo-like grounds.
Lately, it’s become a tradition to stop at this popular Disney World fine dining location and in this post with photos of lunch at Sanaa, you’ll see why!
Is Sanaa restaurant good for kids?
Sanna restaurant is an upscale dining location at Animal Kingdom lodge, but it’s a great environment or kids, for a few reasons.
First, if you go during daylight hours you can catch a glimpse of animals outside the windows while you eat.
Sanaa’s kids menu is one of my kiddo’s favorites. He loves the chicken and rice soup and even eats the vegetables in it!
After you eat, check out the playground for kids at Jambo house.
You can get there on a very short shuttle from Kidani lodge to Jambo.
Get tips for taking the shuttle between Kidani Village and Jambo House...
So come to Animal Kingdom Lodge’s Sanaa for lunch while the sun is still out and enjoy the fun with the family!
What to get at Sanaa for lunch
Indian-style Bread Service appetizer
This includes five Breads and with all Nine Accompaniments…
Breads: Traditional Naan, Garlic-Ginger Naan, Spiced Naan, Onion Kulcha, or Paneer Paratha.
Accompaniments: Cucumber Raita, Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Mango Chutney, Tomato-Date Jam, Tamarind Chutney, Coriander Chutney, Garlic Pickle, Red Chile Sambal, or Spicy Jalapeño-Lime Pickle
Bread service at Walt Disney restaurants is always a must for my crew, so you’ll see more of them soon here on Jenna Loves Magic.
Potjie Inspired entrees
For this, you select a protein and a vegetable…
I chose the Butter Chicken with Sukuma Wiki (collard greens) with rice.
It’s difficult to resist butter chicken, and if you haven’t tried it - you should!
And Patrick chose Braised Beef with Lentil Daal for his lunch entree...
Here are all the options for potjie lunch options as of writing this post –
- Choose one from the Journey - Goan Seafood Curry, Butter Chicken, Braised Beef, or Pork Vindaloo.
- Choose one from the Harvest (Plant-based) - Rajma Masala, Chickpea Wat, Sukuma Wiki, or Lentil Daal served with Scented Basmati Rice
Final shot of my butter chicken lunch at Sanaa incase you’re not convinced yet!
Kids lunch at Sanaa
There are a handful of things to mix and match from the kids menu.
Here you see the mac and cheese, chicken and rice soup, and a fruit cup.
See more of what to try at Sanaa for lunch on the Disney World dining website.
The lounge bar at Sanaa
Disney World is full of bars for cocktail and beer lovers!
Can't say we really go to them, but my husband and I joke we will come back in our 50s just to bar hop!
See inside the Animal Kingdom Lodge…
You don't have to be staying at the resort to eat here - just Uber from your hotel or take an Animal Kingdom Lodge bus shuttle from a Disney Theme Park.
I love the butter chicken dish and my go-to at Sanaa is to start with the 5-breads and 9-dips bread service. Read more about Sanaa bread service…
Tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Disney outfits for women
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
- best neck fan for Disney World
Get more Disney World travel tips...
- See the ULTIMATE GUIDE to Disney World resorts
- Get tips for booking Disney World tickets
- See this beginners guide to Disney World packages
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- Learn about taking a Skyliner ride during EPCOT fireworks time
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Top Disney World ride guides
Top Disney World restaurant guides
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Sanaa bread service
- Where to get breakfast in EPCOT
- Joffrey's Disney coffee
- Le Cellier
See top Disney World hotel tips and guides...
Disneyland travel tips...
- When Halloween starts at Disneyland
- Complete guide to Halloween at Disneyland
- 1 Day Disneyland Itinerary Example
More Animal Kingdom Lodge Travel Tips
- How to see free animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Tour the Animal Kingdom Lodge pool
- Browse Jambo House Restaurants at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- See why we love Animal Kingdom Lodge Playground
- Learn to take the shuttle between Kidani Village and Jambo House
- Visit Safari So Good Arcade
- Visit Pumbaa's Fun and Games Arcade
- See the Sanaa lunch menu
- Find out why the Sanaa bread service is so popular
- See more free things to do at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Get details on the best Animal Kingdom Lodge amenities
Heading to Animal Kingdom Lodge?
Hope that answers all your questions about dining at Sanaa for lunch.
If you're hungry for dinner, check out these Jambo House Restaurants.
Next, get the scoop on how to take the Skyliner from Hollywood Studios to Epcot…