This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
Wondering when the Fall Season officially begins at Disney on the West Coast? Learn when the Disneyland Halloween start date is and what to expect when it comes to food and event roll outs throughout the season!
What the Start of Halloween is like at Disneyland...
Watch this quick video to take in the highlights from the beginning of Halloween season at Disneyland resorts in Anaheim...
See more tips from Jenna Loves Magic on YouTube…
When does Halloween start at Disneyland?
The official start date of Halloween at Disneyland 2023 is September 1, 2023 and can be witnessed across the following locations...
- The theme parks (Disneyland and California Adventure).
- Disneyland Resorts (which includes the Grand Californian Hotel, Disneyland Hotel, and Paradise Pier Hotel).
- Downtown Disney District.
Learn more details about Halloween at Disneyland...
When does Disneyland's Halloween season end?
Most Disneyland Halloween activities and features will run between Sept 1 - Oct 31.
What to expect
Seasonal Halloween food, decor and window displays, activities and entertainment, and treats in the hotels across Disneyland Resort.
When does Disneyland decorate for Halloween?
You are likely to see signs of changing from Summer at Disneyland to Halloween at Disneyland the week prior to the official start of Halloween at the parks.
The same is true of the Christmas season setup, where you'll typically see some overlap from Halloween to Christmas decorations at Disneyland.
One day I was driving around the park and saw the pumpkin sculptures of Mickey and Goofy being driven away by trucks on the highway.
Although usually you don't see these type of transformations between the seasons happen in broad daylight!
I guess I was technically not at the park...
And the sculptures needed to get stored offsite somewhere.
You'll also notice some displays for Oogie Boogie Bash around the parks...
The one above is from California Adventure.
Tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Disney outfits for women
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
- best neck fan for Disney World
Get more Disney World travel tips...
- See the ULTIMATE GUIDE to Disney World resorts
- Get tips for booking Disney World tickets
- See this beginners guide to Disney World packages
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- Learn about taking a Skyliner ride during EPCOT fireworks time
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Top Disney World ride guides
Top Disney World restaurant guides
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Sanaa bread service
- Where to get breakfast in EPCOT
- Joffrey's Disney coffee
- Le Cellier
See top Disney World hotel tips and guides...
Disneyland travel tips...
- When Halloween starts at Disneyland
- Complete guide to Halloween at Disneyland
- 1 Day Disneyland Itinerary Example
Hope that answered all your questions about exactly what to expect and when Disneyland starts Halloween season celebrations.