This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
If you're planning a wild adventure to Disney World, then you've got to check out the Animal Kingdom Lodge as your resort to stay. This place is a total jungle paradise, with a ton of amazing and mostly free amenities that will make your stay unforgettable.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Amenities
Here’s a quick list of my favorite amenities at AKL…
- Numerous animal viewing savannah overlooks
- Delicious dining at Animal Kingdom Lodge (the Sanaa bread service is not to be missed!)
Let’s dive into this list of what’s included when you stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge…
Check out the amenities at Disney’s AKL video
1). Free Animal Sightings…
Let's talk about animal sightings to start.
This place is like a safari right at your doorstep…
The lodge is surrounded by an African savanna, and you can see all sorts of wild creatures roaming around.
Giraffes, zebras, and even gazelles are just some of the animals you might encounter.
There’s also a ton of birds flying around, so bring your binoculars to find all of them.
They're so close, you'll feel like you're on an actual African safari!
2). The Pools…
The Animal Kingdom Lodge has not one, but two incredible pools for you to relax in.
The Uzima Springs Pool is the main one, and it's huge!
This particular pool is located in Jambo House.
You can take a refreshing dip, slide down the extra long water slide, or just relax in the hot tub.
There's even a separate pool area just for the little ones…
So the whole family can enjoy the water fun.
The second pool is called the Samawati Springs Pool and is located at the Kidani Village part of the resort where the villas can be found.
3). The Food…
Feeling hungry after all that swimming?
No worries, because the lodge has got you covered with plenty of tasty dining options.
Boma – Flavors of Africa is a buffet-style restaurant where you can feast on a variety of African-inspired dishes.
From grilled meats to delicious stews, you are in for a treat.
And if you're craving a juicy steak, Jiko – The Cooking Place is the place to be.
They serve up some mouthwatering African cuisine with a modern twist.
In Kidani Village, you’ll find Sanaa, which is a full-service restaurant.
This restaurant is high on our list when we visit because of the amazing bread service, authentic main course dishes, and creative cocktails.
See the Sanaa lunch menu…
You can’t go wrong here.
4). Free Activities…
The Animal Kingdom Lodge also offers some awesome recreational activities.
You can join in African drumming classes, where you'll learn how to beat those drums like a pro.
Or you can take part in a scavenger hunt around the lodge to uncover some hidden treasures.
And if you're in the mood for a relaxing evening, you can gather around the fire pit and listen to some traditional African storytelling.
Don’t forget about playing games either.
You can find an arcade in each section of Animal Kingdom Lodge:
Arcades are a great way to enjoy some time before your dinner reservation or to wrap up a long day with some final fun before bedtime.
6). The Rooms…
Don’t forget about the rooms.
They're spacious, comfortable, and are designed with an African-inspired theme.
You'll feel like you're staying in a cozy safari lodge, complete with all the modern amenities you need after a long day at the theme park.
You can choose your room when you book, so if you’re looking for a room that’s truly unique, book a savannah room and you’ll be waking up to the sight of giraffes grazing outside your window.
Now…that’s what I call a wake-up call!
Check out the Animal Kingdom Lodge Playground…
Tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Disney outfits for women
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
- best neck fan for Disney World
Get more Disney World travel tips...
- See the ULTIMATE GUIDE to Disney World resorts
- Get tips for booking Disney World tickets
- See this beginners guide to Disney World packages
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- Learn about taking a Skyliner ride during EPCOT fireworks time
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Top Disney World ride guides
Top Disney World restaurant guides
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Sanaa bread service
- Where to get breakfast in EPCOT
- Joffrey's Disney coffee
- Le Cellier
See top Disney World hotel tips and guides...
Disneyland travel tips...
- When Halloween starts at Disneyland
- Complete guide to Halloween at Disneyland
- 1 Day Disneyland Itinerary Example
More Animal Kingdom Lodge Travel Tips
- How to see free animals at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Tour the Animal Kingdom Lodge pool
- Browse Jambo House Restaurants at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- See why we love Animal Kingdom Lodge Playground
- Learn to take the shuttle between Kidani Village and Jambo House
- Visit Safari So Good Arcade
- Visit Pumbaa's Fun and Games Arcade
- See the Sanaa lunch menu
- Find out why the Sanaa bread service is so popular
- See more free things to do at Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Get details on the best Animal Kingdom Lodge amenities
Who’s ready to enjoy Animal Kingdom Lodge?
At the end of the day, the Animal Kingdom Lodge resort is a paradise for animal enthusiasts and adventure seekers.
With all the incredible animal sightings, fantastic pools, delicious dining options, and exciting recreational activities, you're guaranteed to have an unforgettable stay.
Pack your bags, wear your safari hat, and get ready for a wild adventure at the Animal Kingdom Lodge!
Hope that answers all your questions about the amenities at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Ready to book your Disney World trip? Reach out through our contact form for assistance.