This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
Today I’m sharing some details on the Waldorf Astoria Orlando hotel near Disney. Curious about this popular outside the park hotel? Get reservations and dining tips. And see photos and this property that is just outside of Walt Disney World Orlando.
See what to do on your first day at Disney World...
What to know before you go to Orlando Waldorf Astoria by Hilton…
- Get my opinion of the Waldorf Astoria.
- Learn more about where it’s located in proximity to Disney World.
- Learn how to get from the Waldorf Astoria to Disney.
- Find out what’s on this Hilton property.
- See some photos of the entrance showcasing ambiance of stylish sophistication, inside and Peacock Alley.
Check out a quick Waldorf Astoria Disney Resort tour…
See more tips from Jenna Loves Magic on YouTube…
My opinion of the Hilton Waldorf Astoria in Orlando…
- This property is a luxury level hotel in comparison to its partner property, Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek, located right down the road. If you want a better experience, I recommend staying at the Waldorf.
- The hotel is completely family friendly which offers an onsite pool, spa, dining options, and a nearby golf course for those looking to unwind.
- Offers complimentary transportation via bus to the Walt Disney World Resort theme parks.
- Plenty of onsite or close restaurants to fulfill any craving.
See funny Disney World quotes...
Taking the free shuttle to Disney World from Bonnet Creek hotels
See what it’s like to find the Waldorf bus shuttle from Disney World’s Epcot park…
Love Disney foodie spots? Learn about the new Roundup Rodeo BBQ at Hollywood Studios…
How far is the Waldorf Astoria Orlando from Disney?
This hotel is surrounded by Walt Disney World theme parks and they provide shuttle service to and from the parks and Disney Springs.
Here’s what you can expect for driving times to the parks…
- Epcot - 8 - 10 minutes
- Hollywood Studios - 12 - 15 minutes
- Magic Kingdom - 15 minutes (Usually it’s a bit longer because if you take the shuttle bus, they’ll drop you off at the Disney Monorail / Ferry station which will then take you to Magic Kingdom)
- Animal Kingdom - 15 - 20 minutes
- Disney Springs - 9 - 12 minutes
Get tips for attending the Epcot Food and Wine Festival...
Where is the Waldorf Astoria Orlando located at Disney World?
You’ll find this luxury Hilton property just southeast of the Disney Theme Parks.
It’s closest to both Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot.
Other things near it include the Hilton Bonnet Creek Resort and Disney’s The Riviera Resort.
Getting to the Waldorf Astoria in Orlando
If you land at Orlando International Airport (MCO), you can book with Mears Connect for bus transportation to and from Disney World.
This hotel is one of the stops for this service.
Book a rideshare to take you directly to the front door of the Waldorf. This should cost ~$100.
Rent a car and park onsite.
Here’s a list of my tips for getting from MCO to Disney.
Dining options and things to do at the Waldorf Astoria in Orlando:
Since the Hilton Waldorf is connected to the Signia by Hilton Bonnet Creek, you have plenty of dining options between them.
A closer look at Peacock Alley at the Waldorf
One of my favorites at the Waldorf is Peacock Alley restaurant, which is right near the lobby of the resort...
It’s located right when you enter on the left where you’ll have a view of the pool below with Disney World in the distance.
Here's a video of lunch at Peacock Alley...
More options for dining at Waldorf Astoria
Here are some dining options to checkout…
- Peacock Alley
- Bonnet Creek Epicurious
- Bull & Bear
- La Luce
- Clubhouse Grille
- Zeta Asia
- Harvest Bistro
- MYTH Bar
- Sir Harry’s Lounge
Room service is available as well.
Also check out where in Epcot you can see Goofy at Disney World…
Getting from Waldorf Astoria to Signia Hilton Bonnet Creek
See how to get to Waldorf Astoria Orlando on a FREE shuttle to Signia By Hilton Bonnet Creek Resort (an offsite Disney property) by way of Golf Cart transportation…
So yeah, there is this free GOLF CART shuttle you can take from the Waldorf resort to the sister property next door, the Signia by Hilton...
It was a very fun ride!
Other Things to Do around Waldorf Astoria Orlando
If you’re a golfer, this hotel is located right on a golf course!.
If you still have energy or are planning a day away from the parks, getting in 9 - 18 holes would be a nice way to go.
The onsite pool and spa are celebrated amenities and impeccable personalized service.
Relax in style while you kick up your feet poolside in a private cabana.
Get some YOU time by sending your children off to the Kid’s Club where they can play and have some fun under staff supervision. (we didn’t try it, but heard about it!)
Burn some extra calories at the onsite fitness center.
It’s fully equipped for whatever workout you’re looking to complete.
No, this hotel is not an official Disney property.
No, it’s not located on the Disney property / resort. However, it’s located less than a 15 minute drive to all Disney theme parks.
Yes, they are a pet friendly hotel that offers specialized pet care, pampering services, and a lot of area for your pet to roam around.
Tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Disney outfits for women
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
- best neck fan for Disney World
Get more Disney World travel tips...
- See the ULTIMATE GUIDE to Disney World resorts
- Get tips for booking Disney World tickets
- See this beginners guide to Disney World packages
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- Learn about taking a Skyliner ride during EPCOT fireworks time
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Top Disney World ride guides
Top Disney World restaurant guides
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Sanaa bread service
- Where to get breakfast in EPCOT
- Joffrey's Disney coffee
- Le Cellier
See top Disney World hotel tips and guides...
Disneyland travel tips...
- When Halloween starts at Disneyland
- Complete guide to Halloween at Disneyland
- 1 Day Disneyland Itinerary Example
Disney dining tips from Jenna Loves Magic
Remember: for any sit-down dinner or character meal, I recommend to definitely book 60 days out, or whenever your Disney dining dates open.
If you’re staying on site, you can book dining reservations earlier as a perk.
Don’t have reservations? Check regularly during your trip, on the app, or walk up to the restaurant early in the day and request a day-of reservation. Disney reservations are often dropped day-of since sometimes people “hoard them”.
I once was a walk-up and was told there would be a 90 minute wait for a table at Steakhouse 71.
Not a problem, since it’s an interesting hotel to walk around and they have an arcade.
Anyways, within 5 minutes my reservation was ready because someone canceled. So you never know.
Also see my other favorites on this list of the best places to eat at Disney World. (coming soon)
Enjoy your stay at this luxury Hilton resort in Orlando
Hope that answers all your questions about the Waldorf Astoria Orlando.
Perhaps I’ll stay there in a future visit, though we have a ton of experience in this area of Bonnet Creek, because we stayed at the Hilton next door during a September Disney trip.
Overall, I think staying offsite Disney World at the Waldorf Astoria includes very desirable amenities like a beautiful pool, transportation on a free Disney shuttle, and an upscale ambiance with delicious onsite dining at restaurants.
See what it’s like to go on the Disney Skyliner at night…