This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
It’s one of the best rides in Epcot for the whole family, in my opinion! Today I’m sharing details on the Spaceship Earth ride. Curious about this popular ride at the Epcot theme park? Find out what to expect and see photos of this slow ride experience in Walt Disney World Orlando. | jennalovesmagic.com
See what to do your first day at Disney World...
What to know before you go on the Epcot Spaceship Earth ride
- Find out who should ride this popular Disney ride.
- Learn more about what’s so great about this type of ride at Disney World.
- See exactly where it is in the park.
- Get tips on when to ride Spaceship Earth.
- Get my personal opinion on what’s to love about this ride.
Follow Jenna Loves Magic on Instagram and TikTok
Check out the full-length video
See more tips from Jenna Loves Magic on YouTube…
My opinion of the Spaceship Earth ride at Epcot…
- My family LOVED this ride! We rode it multiple times during our Epcot days. Definitely ride Spaceship Earth when you’re in Epcot. Can’t recommend it enough.
- It’s a slow dark ride, so it’s great for the entire family, regardless of age.
- Showcases historic scenes depicting popular events like Walter Cronkite calling the moon landing in 69.
- The animatronic scenes in combination with the audio animatronics were super impressive. Great work by the Imagineers who put those together.
- The ride vehicles provide a cool bonus interactive session that looks into our future.
- Lines for this ride moved quickly when I was there in September. No need to use the Lightning Lane for this one.
Check out Toplino’s Terrace, where you can have a character meal with Disney characters…
What is Spaceship Earth ride…
Spaceship Earth is a family friendly slow dark ride that takes you on a journey through time where you’ll learn about the history of communication.
Riders will see what the Stone Age was like, see how the printing press was established, and how communication evolved via technology in modern times.
Additionally, there’s a fun look into our future world at the end when you're about to exit the ride. Check out the video for a quick look at that.
Get tips for attending the Epcot Food and Wine Festival…
Love Disney foodie spots? Learn about the new Roundup Rodeo BBQ at Hollywood Studios…
Where is Spaceship Earth located at Disney World?
You’ll find Spaceship Earth in Epcot park.
It’s located inside of the giant Epcot ball that this park is famous for.
Find it in the front section of the park near the main entrance.
This is where the resort buses or the Disney Monorail will drop you off.
Learn where to see Goofy at Disney World…
Other things near it include the Gateway Gifts Gift Shop and the Camera Center Shop.
It’s not far from other rides like The Seas with Nemo & Friends and Guardians of the Galaxy.
Getting to the Spaceship Earth Epcot Ride
Getting to this ride is super easy. My recommendation is to enter the park via the main entrance where the monorail and main bus parking are located.
Once you enter the park, walk straight through security and you’ll find the Epcot ball right in front of you.
The line for Spaceship Earth is at the base of the ball.
If you enter the park through the side / back entrance at Epcot International Gateway, you’ll have more of a walk to do to get to Spaceship Earth.
Epcot International Gateway is a great entrance for those that are taking the Disney Skyliner or Friendship Boat.
If you enter at this location, walk past all of the world pavilions, pass the imagination pavilion, and the land pavilion.
After those pavilions you’ll see the giant Epcot ball on the right hand side.
If you get lost, just ask a cast member for assistance and they’ll point you in the right direction.
This ride lasts for 15 minutes. See my video on the length of Spaceship Earth ride.
Judi Dench will be guiding you through your journey.
No, Spaceship Earth is not a roller coaster or thrill ride. It is a slow and easy going ride.
More tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
Get more tips...
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Review of Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Disney dining tips from Jenna Loves Magic
Remember: for any sit-down dinner or character meal, I recommend to definitely book 60 days out, or whenever your Disney dining dates open.
If you’re staying on site, you can book dining reservations earlier as a perk.
Don’t have reservations? Check regularly during your trip, on the app, or walk up to the restaurant early in the day and request a day-of reservation. Disney reservations are often dropped day-of since sometimes people “hoard them”.
I once was a walk-up and was told there would be a 90 minute wait for a table at Steakhouse 71.
Not a problem, since it’s an interesting hotel to walk around and they have an arcade.
Anyways, within 5 minutes my reservation was ready because someone canceled. So you never know.
Also see my other favorites on this list of the best places to eat at Disney World. (coming soon)
Enjoy your time on Spaceship Earth in Epcot
Hope that answers all your questions about the Spaceship Earth ride.
See what it’s like to go on the Disney Skyliner at night…
Leave a Reply