This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
Planning on walking a lot on a Disney trip? Wondering what are the most comfortable shoes for Disney? See this Brooks sneaker review for womens and mens shoes from a recent Disney trip...
Comfortable shoes: What to know before you go to Disney World
For a first timer to Disney, or someone going as the first time as an adult, when it comes to shoes to wear, here what to know before you go to Walt Disney World…
- Buy a new pair of shoes. Especially if you haven’t bought new sneakers in over 6 months.
- Break in your new shoes in advance. I recommend walking in them for a week leading up to your trip. I wore them on the plane too.
In the Brooks Disney shoes video in the section below, you’ll get a look at my Disney sneakers bought especially for the trip…
Why buy new sneakers for Disney?
People can walk 10 miles a day at Disney, or more…
The ground isn’t all level and there are different surfaces… including train tracks in the ground for the Disney parades.
See ideas on how to stay cool at Disney World...
You will be walking a long distance throughout the Disney theme parks, so you should be walking in the best shoe possible.
Check out these Costco Disney Christmas items...
I highly recommend Brooks brand shoes, which I purchased to review for recent Disney trips.
They lasted me through recent Disney World planning for a September trip and a Disneyland vacation, and beyond, too.
Check out the full-length video review for Brooks womens sneakers…
Are Brooks the Most Comfortable Shoe for Disney?
I haven’t tried all the sneakers in the world, but these are super comfy shoes for Disney.
Over two separate week-long Disney trips, I didn’t need to change them during the day, and wore them pretty much daily to the parks.
More tips for staying comfortable walking around Disney
- It’s Florida, so you’ll most certainly be walking around in heat. Especially during the hot days of summer.
- Know you might get wet on rides and in the rain – pack an extra pair of rain boots or water-friendly crocks or other shoes, and definitely extra socks.
- Plan in advance what you want to wear at Disney.
- Make sure your packing list includes shirts, pants, hats, sun glasses, and of course tennis shoes (running shoes).
See what to bring - check out a Disney packing guide…
Quick look at getting these new shoes for walking around Disney…
My opinion of the most comfortable shoes for walking around Disney World…
- You should get a new pair of athletic shoes that are good for long walks and for being on your feet all-day-long.
- Your shoes should have a thick rubber sole and should be water resistant. Florida is known for its downpour of rain out of nowhere. In my case, we were caught in a strong rainstorm for an hour on our way to Magic Kingdom one evening on a day of Mickey’s Halloween Party.
- Brooks covers all of the above and is a fantastic walking shoe for Disney World. Brooks is one of my top picks for what to wear for Disney trips.
What are the most comfortable shoes for Disney?
When you’re walking around Disney, you’ll see a lot of people in many different brands of sneakers from Nike athletic shoes to quite a few crocks and other casual shoes.
But with all the walking, especially if you’re chasing your Disney Genie around the park, depending on your age and athleticism, you may want some cozy shoes.
Based on my most recent experience, Brooks Shoes are definitely a good shoe option I can recommend for walking around Disney.
You are going to log thousands, probably tens-of-thousands of steps at each theme park, so you need a shoe that’s going to give you support all day long.
Some research on these shoes…
There’s a lot of science behind how these shoes are built. Brooks shoes are specifically designed with an upward inflection in the toe section of the shoe.
This alleviates flat foot issues and ensures that your feet are comfortably supported from heel to toe.
The soles and cushions are built to handle a lot of walking too. Basically your foot won’t take a lot of impact while walking in comparison to other shoe brands.
A Disney vacation is full of long days that are filled with excitement, joy, and fun times. Worrying about your shoes shouldn’t even be on your mind.
Which is why I totally recommend Brooks for your feet during your next Disney vacation.
Prices will change based on the exact type of shoe that you want and your price point. Generally speaking, shoes range from $65 - $250 at the top elite end. You should stick around the $100 - $160 price point for comfortable walking shoes for Disney. Shop Brooks sneakers for women and these ones for men…
More tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Disney outfits for women
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
- best neck fan for Disney World
Get more Disney World travel tips...
- See the ULTIMATE GUIDE to Disney World resorts
- Get tips for booking Disney World tickets
- See this beginners guide to Disney World packages
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- Learn about taking a Skyliner ride during EPCOT fireworks time
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Get Disneyland travel tips...
Top Disney World ride guides
Top Disney World restaurant guides
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Sanaa bread service
- Where to get breakfast in EPCOT
- Joffrey's Disney coffee
- Le Cellier
See top Disney World hotel tips and guides...
Disney dining tips from Jenna Loves Magic
Remember: for any sit-down dinner or character meal, I recommend to definitely book 60 days out, or whenever your Disney dining dates open.
If you’re staying on site, you can book dining reservations earlier as a perk.
Don’t have reservations? Check regularly during your trip, on the app, or walk up to the restaurant early in the day and request a day-of reservation. Disney reservations are often dropped day-of since sometimes people “hoard them”.
I once was a walk-up and was told there would be a 90 minute wait for a table at Steakhouse 71.
Not a problem, since it’s an interesting hotel to walk around and they have an arcade.
Anyways, within 5 minutes my reservation was ready because someone canceled. So you never know.
Also see my other favorites on this list of the best places to eat at Disney World. (coming soon)
Happy packing for Disney World
Hope that answers all your questions about the most comfortable shoes to wear at Disney.