This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
The Figment Disney ride in Epcot is not to be missed! Whether you’re a fan of the original ride, or visiting Disney World in Orlando for the first time, this post will show you the best parts for this family friendly attraction.
See what to do your first day at Disney World...
What to know before you go on the Figment ride…
- Find out who should ride this Epcot Disney dark ride, that’s actually pretty tame and kid appropriate.
- Learn more about what’s so great about this family-friendly type of ride at Disney World.
- See detailed photos of Figment and find out exactly where it is in the park.
- Get my personal opinion on what’s to love about the journey into your imagination with Figment.
This is one of the funniest parts on this Disney ride…
If you don’t know what’s going on here, I don’t want to spoil it for you.
But if you want it to be spoiled, watch the video…
Check out the full-length video
See more tips from Jenna Loves Magic on YouTube…
My opinion of the Journey Into Your Imagination with Figment Ride…
- This dark ride is great for the entire family. Old or young, they will have a blast with this one. It’s not scary at all, but there are a few surprises along the way.
- No height requirement required either.
- It’s an indoor ride, so you get the benefit of air conditioning while on this one.
- It’s just a really fun and enjoyable ride that you can’t miss on your Epcot day.
Where is figment from?
Figment was created by a team of Walt Disney Imagineers including Tony Baxter and Steve Kirk.
It was created in 1983.
What’s near the Figment ride in Epcot Center?
Here are suggestions on what to do before and after this Epcot ride…
Food near Figment Epcot ride
Not too far from this ride is Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie.
Head to this cafe to pick up delicious breakfast pastries and lunch sandwiches in the France Pavilion.
Character sightings near Figment imagination ride
Right across from the Figment ride is a prime spot to meet Winnie the Pooh at Disney World.
You will find Winnie the Pooh chasing down butterflies in the fields outside of this ride’s entrance.
Where is the Figment Ride located at Walt Disney World?
You’ll find this ride located in Epcot park, but specifically in the Imagination Pavilion which is next to the Soarin’ Around the World ride.
Find it in the Figment ride section of Southwestern corner of Epcot.
Getting to Journey Into Your Imagination with Figment
Well, you can take the monorail or Disney Skyliner to Epcot, and then make your way over to Figment.
If you have the option, the skyliner entrance is likely a bit closer vs using the main front entrance.
Who's the guy in the Figment Ride?
This is Eric Idle.
What’s upcoming with Figment…
Announced in September 2022, Figment will be featured in an upcoming film. Release in 2023 or 2024 I believe.
Additionally, the Figment popcorn bucket is coming soon with a hidden surprise that gives a nod back to the original Figment ride which involves a Dreamfinder.
Figment and Dreamfinder were partnered together in the original Journey into Imagination attraction.
Dreamfinder has since been removed from the attraction, however the Figment popcorn bucket has a special secret that you can find which shows a bit of Dreamfinder 😉
Yes, this ride is still at Epcot in the Imagination Pavilion.
If you haven’t heard, YES, it was announced in September 2022 that Figment will be getting a feature film. Titled - Figment the Dragon. Keep your eyes peeled for a release in 2023 or 2024.
This Disney character was created by two Imagineers, Steve Kirk and Tony Baxter in 1983.
You will hear the song, “One Little Spark” playing as you get near the exit of this ride. It’s a catchy little tune that’s led by Figment the Purple Dragon.
Tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Disney outfits for women
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
- best neck fan for Disney World
Get more Disney World travel tips...
- See the ULTIMATE GUIDE to Disney World resorts
- Get tips for booking Disney World tickets
- See this beginners guide to Disney World packages
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- Learn about taking a Skyliner ride during EPCOT fireworks time
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Top Disney World ride guides
Top Disney World restaurant guides
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Sanaa bread service
- Where to get breakfast in EPCOT
- Joffrey's Disney coffee
- Le Cellier
See top Disney World hotel tips and guides...
Disneyland travel tips...
- When Halloween starts at Disneyland
- Complete guide to Halloween at Disneyland
- 1 Day Disneyland Itinerary Example
Disney dining tips from Jenna Loves Magic
Remember: for any sit-down dinner or character meal, I recommend to definitely book 60 days out, or whenever your Disney dining dates open.
If you’re staying on site, you can book dining reservations earlier as a perk.
Don’t have reservations? Check regularly during your trip, on the app, or walk up to the restaurant early in the day and request a day-of reservation. Disney reservations are often dropped day-of since sometimes people “hoard them”.
I once was a walk-up and was told there would be a 90 minute wait for a table at Steakhouse 71.
Not a problem, since it’s an interesting hotel to walk around and they have an arcade.
Anyways, within 5 minutes my reservation was ready because someone canceled. So you never know.
Also see my other favorites on this list of the best places to eat at Disney World. (coming soon)
Enjoy all the laughs you’ll get from the Figment ride!
Hope that answers all your questions about Journey into Your Imagination with Figment.
See what it’s like to go on the Disney Skyliner at night…