This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here
See what to plan for your one day in Epcot Itinerary. This guide to a day in Epcot also includes an outline of what you can do in a half day at this Walt Disney World park, too.
In today’s post, you’ll have a peek at my Disney World EPCOT Itinerary from a September trip.
Use it as a guide for planning either a HALF-DAY or 1 day touring Epcot park.
It's a great example of how much you can accomplish in one day at EPCOT…
Even if you need to take a nap break or pool cool down break in the middle of the vacation day.
What to consider when planning one day in Epcot Itinerary
So I’m actually going to share what we did over TWO days in Epcot.
These guides are part of my Disney World Vlog… which you can see on the Jenna Loves Magic channel on YouTube…
These will give you examples of all the rides and attractions you can cover in Epcot in two forms:
- A half day in Epcot
- One full day in Epcot
Half day in EPCOT itinerary example with a break
How many rides can you do in a half day at Epcot?
Well we did 6 popular family rides in Epcot, and that’s with taking a break in the middle of the day.
Here’s what we did in about a half day at Epcot…
AM in Epcot
- Woke up and booked Disney Genie Plus and thought about the Epcot Plan for the day.
- Took the Skyliner transportation to the side entrance of Epcot near the France pavilion.
- Les Halles Quick Service breakfast in France pavilion.
- Winnie The Pooh character interaction outside Journey into Imagination Figment Ride
- Figment ride.
- Checked out The Land pavilion.
- Tried to get into Soarin ride (kiddo was too short).
- Living With The Land ride.
- Awesome Planet attraction.
- Got the ins and outs of stroller parking.
- Goofy meet and greet at Epcot on the way back to the hotel.
Afternoon break during Epcot day
In this EPCOT itinerary, we took a break in the middle of the day to watch football.
Since there aren't any sports bars onsite at Disney World, during that time the only opportunity was to watch football back at the hotel in Orlando…
Many people take a break in the middle of the day to let their kids take a nap or cool off in the pool.
So here is what we did during the afternoon break:
- Took the Disney bus shuttle back to Signia by Hilton Bonnet Creek.
- Took a Go Cart trip from the Hilton Bonnet Creek to sister property, Waldorf Astoria Orlando.
- Ate from the lunch menu at the Peacock Alley Waldorf Astoria.
Check out Toplino’s Terrace, where you can have a character meal with Disney characters…
PM in Epcot
- Decided to enter Epcot from the main entrance near the big ball.
- Spaceship Earth ride.
- Scoped out the Mission Space and Test Track rides (didn’t make the height requirements).
- Located the Space 220 restaurant which we desperately wanted reservations to (more on that soon!)
- Checked out the Mexico Pavilion.
- Ate dinner at Cantina De San Angel which has Mexican quick service food.
- Enjoyed the Mexico Pavilion attraction, the Gran Fiesta Tour.
- Watched the Epcot fireworks from inside AND outside the park, from the Disney Skyliner to Pop Century Resort.
Get tips for attending the Epcot Food and Wine Festival…
Check out the half day Epcot itinerary vlog video
Planning a half day in Epcot?
In this video you’ll see everything we accomplished during our first EPCOT HALF DAY, including rides, attractions, meet and greets with Goofy and Pooh bear… tasty Disney food...
Plus views of the Harmonious fireworks show at night from inside the park and the Skyliner.
One day in Epcot Itinerary
Planning only one day in Epcot with kids?
See all the family friendly rides, attractions, character meet and greets and dining experiences you can have.
Check out the one day Epcot vlog video
Yes, you can leave Epcot and come back... you might want to take a break in the middle of your Epcot day to watch football, eat lunch, cool off in the pool, or let young kids nap so everyone is recharged for the night activities and fireworks display.
Love Disney foodie spots? Learn about the new Roundup Rodeo BBQ at Hollywood Studios…
Tips for planning a Disney World trip
Shop my favorite things to buy in advance for a Disney World trip:
- Disney outfits for women
- Brooks sneakers for women (see more on shoes for Disney)
- Matching Disney adult and kids hats
- 2 pack of ponchos
- best neck fan for Disney World
Get more Disney World travel tips...
- See the ULTIMATE GUIDE to Disney World resorts
- Get tips for booking Disney World tickets
- See this beginners guide to Disney World packages
- Tips for flying to the closest airport to Disney World
- Learn about taking a Skyliner ride during EPCOT fireworks time
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party
Top Disney World ride guides
Top Disney World restaurant guides
- What to order at Topolino's Terrace for dinner at Riviera Resort
- Sanaa bread service
- Where to get breakfast in EPCOT
- Joffrey's Disney coffee
- Le Cellier
See top Disney World hotel tips and guides...
Disneyland travel tips...
- When Halloween starts at Disneyland
- Complete guide to Halloween at Disneyland
- 1 Day Disneyland Itinerary Example
Disney dining tips from Jenna Loves Magic
Remember: for any sit-down dinner or character meal, I recommend to definitely book 60 days out, or whenever your Disney dining dates open.
If you’re staying on site, you can book dining reservations earlier as a perk.
Don’t have reservations? Check regularly during your trip, on the app, or walk up to the restaurant early in the day and request a day-of reservation. Disney reservations are often dropped day-of since sometimes people “hoard them”.
I once was a walk-up and was told there would be a 90 minute wait for a table at Steakhouse 71.
Not a problem, since it’s an interesting hotel to walk around and they have an arcade.
Anyways, within 5 minutes my reservation was ready because someone canceled. So you never know.
Also see my other favorites on this list of the best places to eat at Disney World. (coming soon)
Enjoy your Epcot day at Walt Disney World
Hope that answers all your questions about planning your Epcot day in Disney World.
See what it’s like to go on the Disney Skyliner at night…